Saturday, May 10, 2008

Announcing the results to .... (*clear throat.. fake British accent*)

The Battle of the Coaches
Actually, there is no conclusion to this battle due to low response and ambiguous votes. Nonetheless, I feel that none of ours is superior than the each other's. In a way, each is a gesture of love from our loved ones. Beyond the brand and design, affection paints a story that triumphs its materialistic form. Sooo.. I like san's and I love mine!

8th May 2008
Guess where were we??
We were @ Shokudu Japanese food bazaar. Yup yup! The japanese style Marche.. We had been so excited as Esther and san recommended it! What's more I came across some photos of the food when I yahoo-ed for the restaurant. Everything looked drooooooling. The ambiance felt alot as if we were at a food brazaar in Japan. Walking around, "scavenging" for food was an adventure! We could hardly contain our excitements! I just wanted to grab and eat right at the spot!! Well.. I guess I was not only one feeling excited. Probably, that's why Denise was behaving weirdly with her chopsticks! Keke.


The five of us went around ordering food and flashing our Shokudo card! We shared all the food , grabbing a bite here and nibbling there! We managed to try quite alot of food and ended up paying less than what I paid at Waraku on Tuesday! Super worth it la!! Good strategy we had, jie mei men!!


San's recommendations were true! I like the Rosti!! But it was abit oily! I love the omelette lo.! It was heavenly. We had salmon omelette. The salmon, the egg, the cuttel fish shavings and the sauces blended nicely like they were a bunch of close friends!! Totally thumb-up!

The Japanese pizza was good. I love the way the wasaba blended with the cheese. The wasaba didn't taste spicy at all!! The cherry syrupy superseded the taste of the cheese cake. And, our tastebuds were numbed by the sweetness that we could taste the ice cream.

The bamboo unagi rice is delicious too! The rice tasted like it was cooked with some tea leaves..


Dessert was a different story. We had cheese tofu and banana crepe with sweet potato, honey and water chestnut ice cream. So I conclude that the food is tasty! While the desserts are average for me.



Esther and Denise with their Shokudo card.

Sengkiat (ask) and me. We were supposed to celebrate his super belated birthday!! =p Hope he enjoy the food.

Van van and me tasting our ice cream.. Guest starring a mysterious hand.

A group photo. YEah! We've been to Shokudo!!

OH OH! Shokudo has neoprint machine!! Since we were there, and since we had never taken any neopints together, we gave it a shot! The process was so funny, cos we didn't understand the jap instructions!! Anyway press here and there!! In the end, some of the pictures are weird! But it was fun!! Surely, I will go back to try other food. But at the mean time...

Happie Belated Birthday to ASK!!!


No comments: